You joined the military to serve your country. Here’s your chance to serve your community…
Join Veteran Leader Corps, run by Volunteers of America Massachusetts. As a Veteran Leader Corps member, you will
- Help veterans build workforce skills;
- Mentor and coach returning veterans to find jobs;
- Provide leadership opportunities for community veterans and
- Develop volunteer projects to serve veterans.
Veteran Leader Corps is a force multiplier for communities. Veteran Leader Corps supports The Community Blueprint, a national initiative consisting of a set of solutions and a framework of organizations committed to addressing the most common challenges facing veterans and military families, from unemployment to housing and reintegration. Veteran Leader Corps members are part of AmeriCorps, a national service force for good, 87,000 strong.
Veteran Leader Corps members, locally, will serve with Volunteers of America Massachusetts. Members serve full time for 11 months and receive the following benefits each term:
- A modest living allowance of $12,100
- Health insurance
- $5,550 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of term (at least 1,700 hours)
- Leadership training from Points of Light, the world’s leading volunteer organization
- Opportunities to lead people and projects
- The chance to build professional skills in others and yourself
Volunteers of America Massachusetts currently has two Veteran Leader Corps positions available.
If you are interested, please contact Liz Sisto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.390.0239